Tuesday, September 23, 2008

. . . And We're Back

So many things have been happening in my life lately. I recently moved from Cleveland to San Jose. I will be starting a new job next week. I'm trying to make new friends and enjoying seeing old ones.

Instead of putting up pictures of all the things I have knit in the last year, I'm just going to talk about my latest finished object. If you really care about the other stuff, just head over to Ravelry.

For some reason, I have been feeling like knitting for other people lately. I decided to knit this shawl for my aunt whose birthday is this month.



Pattern: Angel Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark
Yarn: Knitpicks Gloss in Burgundy
Needles: size 5
Modifications: I knit only 11 repeats of the lace pattern before the edging because I only had 440 yards of yarn
Finished Size: 57 inches across and 26 inches long

I apologize for the bathroom shots. My photographer recently started law school, which means I hardly see him anymore.

I love Evelyn Clark's shawls. Her construction methods are very satisfying and the end result is beautiful. Previously, I knit the Shetland Triangle shawl from Wrap Style and I recently got the patterns for the Angel Lace Shawl and the Leaf Lace Shawl. I then got Evelyn's book Knitting Lace Triangles. It's a great resource for combining lace patterns to create your own shawl. I'm really excited about trying this book out soon.

I recently discovered the Purl Soho blog. They have some really cute patterns and great tuorials on their site. I definitely want to make the Mary Jane Slippers and the Toadstool Baby Rattle. They are both adorable!

4 comments:

Rasa said...

Best of luck as you get settled in San Jose! Love the shawl - I just discovered knitting shawls this past summer and have several in the pipeline. Keep posting pictures of your work - I really enjoy seeing what you've done!

Melinda said...

Yay, you're back! Congratulations on the job. I hope it's a smooth transition.

The shawl is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Super pretty! Also, awesome shots of the new haircut. :)

PCR said...

Rasa,

Thanks for your best wishes and compliments. Shawl knitting is totally addictive. As soon as I finish one, I want to start another. I guess that's why I need to start giving them away. A person only needs so many shawls.